Here we answer the most commonly asked questions about The International Writing Center. If you can’t find an answer, contact us and we’ll be glad to help.
Where is the IWC?
How much does it cost?
Nothing. Our services (see next) are free!
What services does the IWC provide?
- The IWC mostly works with students applying for international exchange and internship programs, assisting with creating resumes and application documents.
- We assist any student who needs feedback and guidance on any English document, such as homework, essays, resumes, etc.
- We provide assistance for Office of International Affairs staff in preparing English documents and correspondence.
- We provided assistance to the KNU Dean’s office in preparing English documents and correspondence.
Is the IWC an editing service?
It might seem like that, but we don’t actual ‘fix’ mistakes for students. Instead, we facilitate and guide students to identify and improve their writing errors. In the process, ‘mistakes’ do get corrected.
How do I make an appointment?
- Easy. On the homepage, simply click on the Schedule an Appointment button and follow the directions.
- If you’re a first-time visitor, simply click on ‘Register for an account’ on the sign in page:
What should I bring to my appointment?
- Bring whatever you are working on. Please bring a printed copy so our tutors can more easily provide feedback. Always work in Microsoft Word while writing an English document.
- If you participating in the My Course Programs, you MUST bring your Work File and all documents prepared and edited during all sessions.
How often can I make an appointment?
- You may make one appointment a day. Each appointment is 20 minutes.
- You may make an appointment 15 days in advance.
- Three missed (not cancelled) appointments will deny you access to make an appointment for one month.
Can I cancel an appointment?
Yes. Please cancel your appointment at least 90 minutes before the scheduled time.
Can I print my work at the IWC?
No. We are not a printing station. There are plenty of printers available on and off campus. We suggest the library, which is nearby the IWC.
May I request a specific tutor?
If the tutor you wish to work with is available, you may schedule an appointment with them.